Stylist Saturday: Sydnie
As Stylists, we are constantly in and out of clients' closets. We help them purge, style and prep a list for items needed in the closet.
It occurred to me the other day that I was feeling incredibly bored with my wardrobe. I can't say that I don't have anything, either. There is PLENTY in there. I simply needed a fresh insight.
Stylist Kathy Banta to the rescue! We decided some girl time was necessary and she agreed to help me edit my closet. There is no short
of laughter in our shenanigans, which helped the process move with ease.
I'll tell you why this was so successful. Kathy and I have different styles but both LOVE fashion. That combination is the key to outfit innovation. I sat in awe as she paired garments I had not thought of. Here is what I learned:
1. I haven't been using my shells enough (I get cold and instantly think I need a sleeve)
2. What about those fabulous blazers I've been hording??
3. Skirts!! It always seems so complicated to pair, but a skirt is a great way to feel feminine.
4. Don't be afraid to mix a couple of patterns!
5. Utilize a necklace extender to transform collar-length necklaces into longer ones.
I am so excited for future fashion adventures in my closet this fall!